WestJet Shows Off Disney Frozen Themed Aircraft
WestJet has unveiled a newly customized Boeing 737 aircraft themed around Disney’s uber-popular Frozen. The jet features Olaf basking in on a sunny beach at the front while Elsa casts an icy blast from the tail fin. The combination brings to mind the thousands of snowbirds that will be heading to Disney World to escape winter’s grip soon enough! The interior is just as impressive. As travelers enter the plane the decor highlights warm and summer, which slowly transitions to fall then winter at the back. Seat headrests and individually designed overhead compartment decals bring the theme to life.
While the Disney Frozen-themed plane is inspired by Walt Disney World, it will operate flights throughout WestJet’s 737 network, not just to Orlando. The aircraft is equipped with the new WestJet Connect inflight entertainment and connectivity system, and while on board this magical plane, guests will be able to enjoy a selection of on-demand Disney videos as part of their inflight experience.
- 170 gallons of paint, in 23 colors, were used for the new design.
- The interior design transitions from summer to winter as you move through the aircraft.
- The aircraft was painted in Fort Worth, Texas.
- The paint team included team members from Canada, the United States and Germany. They watched Frozen to get them into the spirit before work began.
- The job took 21 days of 12-hour rotations involving a constant crew of six painters working 24/7.
- Sparkles were added to sections of the paint to show movement as the aircraft flies through the sky
- An airbrush artist was brought in to work on details around the sun, water and castle.
- There are 54 separate overhead bin doors on the aircraft and each has a unique Frozen decal.
This isn’t WestJet’s first Disney plane. Check out the Sorcerer Mickey design from 2013.