Our version of the popular Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade skips the refined sugar in favor of an infused simple syrup. Made from honey and lemongrass, the honey syrup plays up the subtle flavors found in the Tazo Passion tea blend.
Passion Tea Lemonade
- 5 1/4 Cups Water, divided into 1/4 cup and 5 cups
- 4 Tazo Passion tea bags
- 1/4 Cup Honey, preferably local
- 4 inch Piece of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 small Cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 Cup Fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes for serving
- Bring four cups water to a rapid bowl in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from
heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes
- To prepare the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup water, honey,
lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over
medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated
through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the
solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple
syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large
pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened
iced tea mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint,
if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!