Mint Grapefruit Mimosas are the perfect refreshing drink for brunch or just relaxing on a hot summer day. Simple and easy to make, mint and grapefruit give an extra burst of flavor over the common orange juice mimosa. Mix up a batch for your next get together.
Mint Grapefruit Mimosas
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, torn and bruised
- 2 large pink grapefruit, peeled, pith removed
- 1 bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled substitute sparkling grape juice or club soda for alcohol-free version
- Make a simple syrup by combining the honey and water in a small saucepan
set over medium heat. Add the mint leaves and stir to combine.
Simmer, stirring frequently, until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat
and strain the syrup, discarding the mint leaves.
- Place the peeled grapefruit in a high-speed blender and blend until
completely liquefied, approximately 1 minute.