Instant Pot Creamy Mashed Potatoes are the perfect side for so many weeknight dinner. Quick and easy to make without having a huge pot of boiling water on the stove. Try with our Instant Pot Chicken Marsala .
Instant Pot Creamy Mashed Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken or veg broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp and cut into cubes
- Place potatoes, garlic, and broth in Instant Pot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Lock the lid and flip pressure valve to “Sealing” position. Select the “Manual” option and adjust setting to “high.” Set cook time to 8 minutes. When finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully open lid and add cream cheese. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher or an immersion blender until blended, but not completely smooth. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately. Enjoy!