Tired of the same boring dishes every week? Try this Instant Pot Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup. It is easy to make and can be served either as a starter to a meal or as the meal itself. Add some hot sauce or chili powder for an extra bit of heat.
Instant Pot Stuffed Poblano Pepper Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 large Poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Mexican or Italian herb seasoning mix
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, Poblano peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground beef and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Turn the unit off and carefully drain any excess fat if needed.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!