This delicious white bean dip is a great addition to any party menu. It is quick and easy to make – and your guests are sure to love the subtle balance of flavors packed into each bite. The baked pita chips are easy to make and perfect partner for the white bean dip or just for munching.
Tip: A little bit of fresh sage goes a long way. If you aren’t sure how much to use, start with a small amount. Then taste and add more, if desired.
Although you can use the same extra virgin olive oil for the entire recipe, adding a drizzle of a higher quality variety right before serving will add an extra “pop” of flavor.
Baked Pita Chips Ingredients
3 T. olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste *Use garlic salt to add an extra burst of flavor
White Bean Dip Ingredients
1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (can substitute Great northern beans or chick peas)
3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 – 3 large fresh sage leaves, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
dash cayenne pepper
Baked Pita Chips Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges. Lightly brush pita wedges with olive oil on both sides and place on lined baking sheet.
- Season pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes before turning each wedge to toast the opposite side. Return to oven and continue baking for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
White Bean Dip Directions
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves, and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of some high-quality extra virgin olive oil. Serve with seasoned pita chips or vegetable crudités.