These flavorful chicken thighs are perfect for dinner, while leftovers can be shredded to make healthy and delicious wraps for lunch the next day.
One trick to this recipe is to add enough liquid to the peanut sauce prior to cooking. If the sauce is too thick, the Instant Pot may not be able to reach adequate pressure. So, if you decide to add more peanut butter, be sure to adjust the amount of liquid, as well.
Tip: To get the nice browning effect shown in these images, transfer the chicken thighs to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil after cooking. Brush each side generously with the peanut sauce and place under a broiler set to high for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.
Instant Pot Thai Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2 Pounds Boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 2/3 Cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup Soy sauce Can substitute coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce Adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons Fresh ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup Roasted peanuts, finely chopped Garnish
- 3-4 stalks Green onions, sliced thin Garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped Garnish
- Add sesame oil to Instant Pot and set the “Sauté” setting to high.
Working in batches, if necessary, brown the chicken thighs,
approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat this process with
remaining thighs. Remove and set aside on a platter.
- Pour chicken broth into hot container and gently scrape up brown bits from
bottom. Add peanut butter to the hot liquid and stir until completed
melted. Add soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and
garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir
- Add metal rack to the Instant Pot and place the browned chicken thighs on
- Add lid and lock into place. Switch vent to “Sealing” position and
set the “Manual” setting on high before adjusting the cook time
to 10 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will
automatically start building pressure.
- When finished, do a quick release (QR) to allow the pressure to escape.
Unlock and carefully remove lid when finished and transfer the
chicken to a platter.
- Optional: To thicken sauce, select the “Sauté” setting and heat, stirring
continually, until the excess liquid is reduced and the sauce reaches
the desired consistency.
- Turn Instant Pot off and return the chicken thighs and the juices that
accumulated on the platter to the sauce and turn to coat.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a serving tray. Garnish with chopped fresh
cilantro, chopped peanuts, and green onions, if desired. Serve
immediately with extra peanut sauce and your favorite sides. Enjoy!