Our Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip with Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips recipe takes a restaurant staple and and kicks up the flavors at home. Fresh spinach and basil brings life to an otherwise bland dish and the crispy homemade tortilla chips get a boost with garlic powder. Enjoy!
Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip with Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil Divided into 1T and 2T
- 12 pieces Small corn tortillas, cut into 6-8 wedges each
- 1+ teaspoons Garlic powder
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 5 cups Fresh spinach, excess stems removed, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 14.5oz can Artichokes packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated Divided into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat. Arrange the corn tortilla wedges on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and sea salt, to taste, and place in pre-heated oven. Bake until crispy and golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes, before removing from oven. For best results, stir tortilla chips once halfway through baking.
- While the tortilla chips are baking, heat remaining olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped spinach and basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer wilted spinach mixture to a large bowl and add chopped artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and ½ cup Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer spinach-artichoke mixture to prepared baking dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and place in pre-heated oven until heated through and cheese on top starts to turn golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with toasted tortilla chips. Enjoy!