Our swordfish and pineapple kabobs are a great alternative to traditionally mild fish dinners. Swordfish is more like a steak than the typical soft, flaky white fish varieties. It hold sup well to cooking on a grill pan or traditional outdoor grill. Pineapple and red peppers add a bright counterpoint of flavor to this dish. Serve with our Cilantro-Lime Rice, which uses some of the same ingredients.
Swordfish and Pineapple Kabobs
- 8 large wooden kabob skewers. Soak for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Grilling pan or traditional charcoal/gas grill set up for medium heat.
- 8 long wooden kabob skewers
- 16 oz swordfish steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 16 oz fresh pineapple, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Place the swordfish, pineapple chunks, red onion, and red bell pepper in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lime zest, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time.
- Spray a large grill pan with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly grease with butter, olive oil, or coconut oil). Set over medium heat.
- Thread the swordfish and veggies alternatively onto skewers. Working in batches if necessary, place on the hot grill pan. Cook until the veggies are slightly charred and crisp-tender, and the fish is flaky, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with our Instant Pot Cilantro-Lime Rice, if desired, and lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!