What to do with those over-ripe bananas? Easy. Make a batch of banana bread. Served as a snack, dinner, or for breakfast, it is delicious any time of year. This Instant Pot banana bread recipe is simple to make with ingredients you most likely have in your pantry. Even better, the pressure cooker produces a wonderful bread without the need to fire up the oven. I’ve made several variations of the basic banana bread and this recipe is a good base. Add chocolate chips, or mix in some different spices to suite your own taste.
Ingredients can either be assembled using a stand mixer or by hand. I like to use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the whisk attachment since it does a good job of mashing the bananas. For a cooking vessel, I find the 6 cup Nordic Ware bundt pan (Amazon link) works well for even cooking and fits perfectly into the 6QT Instant Pot.
Banana Bread Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 large eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar (regular white sugar or dark brown sugar can be used interchangeably for different flavors)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 very ripe bananas, mashed (or just break into chunks if adding to a stand mixer)
Banana Bread Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Mix wet ingredients in bowl or stand mixer
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix to combine
- Grease a 6 cup bundt pan, then pour batter into pan
- Place a sheet of paper towel onto pan, then cover tightly with foil to keep out excess water while cooking
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to pressure cooker pot and insert trivet
- Cook on High Pressure for 45 minutes
- When finished, let pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release
- Remove pan from pressure cooker and take off foil, then let the banana bread rest and cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Place a plate upside down on the bundt pan, then invert to release the banana bread.