Cajun snapper with avocado mango salsa will brighten up any meal time. The subtle flavor of the mango-avocado salsa provides a nice balance to the heat of this delicious pan-seared Cajun snapper – and it’s all ready in under 30 minutes! Serve with our Instant Pot cilantro-lime rice for an extra layer of flavor.
Cajun snapper with avocado mango salsa
- 4 6 oz. red or yellow tail snapper fillets
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- ½ jalepeno, finely diced
- 3 TB fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 TB lime juice
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil
Spicy Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 1 TB paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper *adjust amount of cayenne pepper to reach desired level of heat
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp kosher or sea salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spicy Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, and fresh cilantro. Add fresh lime juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Spicy Cajun Seasoning onto both sides of the snapper fillets. Rub gently to ensure the seasoning is evenly distributed and adheres well.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the seasoned fillets into the hot skillet and cook until they are nicely browned and flake easily with a fork, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Cook time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with mango-avocado salsa. Enjoy!