Nothing beats the convenience of the Instant Pot pressure cooker for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish. Instant Pot sesame garlic chicken wings are perfect as an appetizer or even dinner. Finish the wings on the grill instead of the broiler for outdoor entertaining. Simple, flavorful, delicious.
Quick Tip: Save money by trimming your wings yourself using kitchen shears or a sharp knife. (See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). The wings are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired.
What about frozen chicken wings? The Instant Pot is flexible with cooking chicken. If using frozen wings, just add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time.
Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot or similar electric pressure cooker
- 4 to 4.5 pounds chicken wings fresh or frozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet. Place lid and lock in place. Close vent and set to High Pressure/Manual cooking time for 8 minutes.
- To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cook time on Instant Pot is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then open the vent to release any remaining steam. Remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
- Remove from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Sorry about the error! 1 tablespoon of butter.
How much butter should be added? I cannot find it listed in the recipe.